Addiction Treatment – The Serenity Malibu alcohol and drug treatment program is systemic and comprehensive. Much of our specialized focus is on individual assessment, root causes, treatment planning and aftercare planning.
The road to a thorough and productive addiction treatment experience begins with a strong medical assessment and consistent oversight. This is most important in the majority of our clients that require detoxification from drugs or alcohol. A healthy and comprehensive detox can be the difference to sustainable sobriety.
This is one of many reasons why we are so focused and persistent about an individualized detox approach. A thorough history coupled with the assessment of our Board Certified Physician, provides the necessary foundation and plan for long-term success.
Another key component to our program is the assessment and diagnosis of the family. Family dynamics are often times overlooked, but they can be an essential piece of the overall puzzle. This is not to say that the family is responsible for an addict’s behavior, but everyone has a role to play. Whether it is an abundance of contact, or lack of contact, enabling the addict or lashing out at the addict, everyone in the family plays a part. Addiction is, after all, a disease that affects the entire family.
It is our job to work with our clients and their families to uncover underlying behavioral patterns in their given family dynamic and to help them find solutions and alternatives to acting out on these patterns. Certain aspects of our family assessment process include, but are not limited to:
- Family System Intervention
- Assessment and Recommendation for Treatment
- Systemic Family Treatment
- Family Education
- Process Groups and Experiential Components
By calling 888-257-6934 now, you can
At Serenity Malibu we put great emphasis on relapse prevention training. Each of our clients receives this training on a weekly basis. Relapse prevention is a cognitive-behavioral approach to treating the disease of addiction, with the goal of detecting and preventing high-risk and compulsive behavior. Relapse prevention is the most important part of our addiction treatment
We work to address parallels in destructive behavior patterns with great focus and attention to possible contrary actions. It is through the willingness and commitment of our clients themselves that through Relapse Prevention training they are able to identify these patterns as they arise and are better equipped to handle situations that may have left them otherwise baffled.
Aftercare Planning of Our Addiction Treatment
Leaving addiction treatment can be a challenging and scary time for any recovering addict. That is why aftercare planning is essential in the treatment setting. All of our goal-oriented work is centered on an overall plan. When framing a proper aftercare plan certain questions must come into account:
- Will I be returning to a safe living environment?
- What kind of support system will I be returning to?
- Will I be employed, and if not what can I be doing to work towards employment?
- Will I have the support of family, friends and loved ones?
- In what ways will my treatment continue once I’m living at home?
These questions are vital to the beginning stage of the aftercare process. The idea that one’s recovery ends with treatment is a common misconception. Many of the skills that clients learn at Serenity are meant to be applied after initial treatment is completed. Many of our clients find that once they are acclimated back into their everyday lives, that they have to work even harder than they did in treatment in order to maintain healthy recovery. A good treatment center serves as a safe haven for any fear or temptations, and once the client leaves treatment it is easy to quickly fall into old patterns and behaviors. That is why we take our aftercare program so seriously. Some of the features of our aftercare process include:
- Graduation Presentation
- Returns to Campus post treatment for alumni events quarterly
- Weekly alumni conference phone calls
- Opportunities to intern and volunteer at the Main Campus or from home.
Other Unique Benefits Offered at Serenity Malibu
- Trauma assessment and trauma related therapies
- Restorative therapies such as acupuncture and massage
- Basic drug and neurobiology education
- Four systemic treatment projects including a body map, genogram, timeline and exit plan
- Individual, intensive one-on-one psychotherapy
- Hypnotherapy to drill down into root causes
- Brain Spotting, a cutting-edge treatment modality
- Ocean Adventure including Surfing, Swimming and Kayaking
- Introduction to and support from the recovery community
- A presentation of readiness by each client to leave treatment to the staff and other clients
Compassionate and understanding Client Advocates (“CAs”) are assigned to each new resident. Throughout a person’s stay at Serenity Malibu, CAs will help to manage and encourage each client on their individualized path to recovery and long-term sobriety.
Life Changing Addiction Treatment
Men and women who come to our rehabilitation center receive life-changing drug treatment that can truly alter the course of their lives for the better. If you or a loved one is ready to do the work, we are so confident that we can achieve success and long-term sobriety that we guarantee it!*
To know more about addiction treatment, go here drug treatment
If you or a loved one is struggling with alcoholism or addiction,